When you want or need to lose weight to improve your health, the team at the International Medical Clinics (IMC) can help. Serving men and women in the Atlanta area, they utilize natural weight loss methods, nutritional counseling, and human chorionic gonadotropin hormone (HCG) to boost weight loss. For personalized weight management, call the office today or schedule an appointment online.
Why is being overweight bad for my health?
Being outside of a healthy weight range can cause your body to work harder than necessary, which causes:
- Increased blood pressure
- Hardening of arteries
- Early signs of aging
- Added stress on heart and lungs
- Increased insulin resistance
- Weakened immune system
- Strain on muscles, joints, and tissues
- Metabolic and hormone imbalance
- Obstruction of airways during sleep
Having a body mass index (BMI) of greater than 29 places you at a significantly higher risk for many long-term complications that could impact your health in profound ways. BMI is an indicator of what your healthy weight range should be, based on your height.
Why is weight management important?
Healthy weight management is essential to your overall health and wellness because obesity or being overweight can put at a much higher risk for conditions, including:
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder disease
- Glaucoma, or increased pressure in your eye
- Liver disease
- Sleep apnea
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Breast, colon, and endometrial cancer
- Arthritis and other joint disorders
Your risk for long-term complications decreases with healthy weight management and a healthier lifestyle. The team at IMC offers support for your weight loss efforts and empower you to make healthy choices.
What does healthy weight management entail?
You can improve your weight and your overall health by:
- Decreasing refined sugar intake
- Increasing fruit and vegetable intake
- Increasing daily activity
- Increasing water intake
- Avoiding sugary and fatty foods
- Planning meals and snacks
- Making small, realistic goals
IMC helps to support your weight loss through recommending and supporting these healthy habits, nutritional counseling, dietary support, and use of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone (HCG).
HCG weight loss uses a natural hormone to boost your body’s ability to metabolize and burn off stored fat.
Typically, HCG weight loss involves a combination of HCG injections and a specialized diet. This type of weight loss program must be closely monitored by a qualified provider, like those at IMC.
For healthy, natural weight loss management, call the office or schedule an appointment online with IMC today.